Mission / Vision / GLOs
Kahala Elementary School is a nurturing environment that provides a foundation for continuous personal and academic growth.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The school community will address the diverse needs of all learners and nurture their talents and abilities. The school community will provide standards-based curricular and extra-curricular programs where all learners will be empowered to achieve the school wide learner outcomes
The General Learner Outcomes are the over-arching goals of standards-based learning for all students in all grade levels. The six GLOs are:
· Self-Directed Learner: The ability to be responsible for one’s own learning.
· Community Contributor: The understanding that it is essential for human beings to work together.
· Complex Thinker: The ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving.
· Quality Producer: The ability to recognize and produce quality performance and quality products.
· Effective Communicator: The ability to communicate effectively.
· Effective and Ethical User of Technology: The ability to use a variety of technologies effectively and ethically.